Friday 12 January 2018

Montessori Practical Life: Baking a Batch of Biscuits

This week for my practical life Friday series, I wanted to share an activity that I really love seeing Jerome help with, as the many steps offer so many good opportunities.


Trust me when I say this is one of the messier baking tasks for a toddler to help with
as the flour tends to get everywhere, but with the measuring, the rolling, the shape cutting, and the kneading, it is sure to be a hit.

{Measuring out the ingredients}

{Flouring the counter}

{Rolling out the dough}

{Cutting the dough into biscuits and arranging on the baking sheet}


{Rolling out the dough again}

{Cutting out the remainder of the dough}

{Wiping up the counter}

The biscuits definitely end up a little drier when he helps, due to the extra flour, kneading and slightly inaccurate measuring, and they always look a little lumpy, but it is so worth it.

Do you have any favorite recipes to bake with your toddler?

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me. And if you are interested in following along in our daily adventures, follow us on Instagram where I post daily.

God bless,
Olivia Fischer




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10