Friday 29 June 2018

Why I'm Not Ashamed to be a Work In Progress

Becoming the kind of wife, and friend, and mother I want to be is a constant work in progress. There are so many ways I need to grow.


One day I am prompted to patience, the next to self-awareness, the next to self-denial. And while I know all of these things are connected to each other, I want to see marked growth somewhere instead of only little changes here and there.

But I am not going to be the finished product at any point in this life.

I am a block of wood.

I am not the carpenter.

And what can the block of wood know of the carpenter's work?

The carpenter knows the design He wants to hone me into. He takes this block of wood and He knows just how He is going to shape it. It takes time, it takes the skill of a carpenter to know just how much to take off here, and how much there, little by little, as the shape appears.

I am a block of wood.

I have been shaven down and honed in places, but I am still far from the delicate carving He will someday have made of me if I allow him to work.

I am a work in progress, and that is nothing to be ashamed of.

Is the axe to boast itself over the one who chops with it? Is the saw to exalt itself over the one who wields it? That would be like a club wielding those who lift it, Or like a rod lifting him who is not wood. Isaiah 10:15

Thank you so much for those of you who faithfully read what I have to say in this little place. You mean more to me than you know.

Have a great weekend,
Olivia Fischer






No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10