Wednesday 12 February 2020

Simple Valentine's Day Traditions (& Free Printable Sea Creature Valentines)

When I worked as a nanny, I woke up on Valentine's Day to the kids jumping on my bed with a valentine and bag of candy the mom had prepared for me, to match each of the kids. I felt so loved by this small gesture and decided it was a simple Valentine's Day tradition I would carry on for my own children.


I started drawing my kids a Valentine based on their current interests a few years ago, mostly because I am never prepared enough to have gone out and bought something for them. It's usually a small drawing with a cheesy saying, and then I write a small letter to them on the flipside.

This year, I thought it would be fun to share the Valentines I created for my kids, with all of you. Just sign up with the form below, and you'll get them in your inbox.

And if you like to add a small gift with your Valentine treat, I think these (or these) Safari TOOB sea creatures would be a great addition.





Sea Creature Valentine Printable

* indicates required

/ ( mm / dd )
Email Format





Along with the Valentine's Day card and small treat, I like to incorporate some kind of special baking into our day. In the past, the kids have really enjoyed heart-shaped hand pies, but we've also kept it really simple with a box cake and pink icing.

And, of course, we read the story of Saint Valentine, and maybe watch a little program on his life.

What are your Valentine's Day traditions? Send me an email, I'd love to hear from you!


Thank you for reading! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me. I would also love to hear any suggestions for posts you would like me to write about. And if you are interested in following along in our daily adventures, follow us on Instagram where I post daily.



God bless,
Olivia Fischer


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

09 10